Peter Drucker famously stated that "management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." Great leaders possess dazzling social intelligence, a zest for change, and above all, vision that allows them to set their sights on the "things" that truly merit attention. Not a bad skill set for the rest of us, either.
Clearly on above quote, leadership is one of very important skills in management. Generally, leadership must be owned by a leader from a group, team, workers alliance or company. Before you train yourself to have a good leadership, Ask yourself:
- What is important to me? What are my values, beliefs, ethics?
- How am I demonstrating those values, beliefs and ethics every day?
- Is the larger organization designed to support my values, beliefs and ethics?
- Where are the disconnects ¡V within my immediate organization and for myself with the larger enterprise?
- What can I do to change how I behave with my immediate organization to demonstrate my belief in them?
- What additional assistance do my employees need to succeed ¡V and how can I ensure that they get everything they need and more to create personal and organizational success?
Source: [link1] [link2]
No comments:
Post a Comment